"Alice" and "Capt. Pickles" spent the night at Nana's & Papa 's house (for some reason I want to call them "Salt & Pepa") with cuz'n Zachy - "SSS" - serious sports star. They decided they wanted to sleep under the stars, without a tent. They mostly had fun NOT trying to get to to sleep, until Sage got tired and asked to go into her bed... by the way, Sage is in a big bed now and she is totally potty trained and has started preschool!... What? Where did my little baby go?
Then, SSS wanted to go in and sleep with z momma and Alice was left with S & P, who secretly longed for their own beds, but didn't want to spoil the fun for the her. Alice is quite a camper. She sleeps really good and she never wants to "throw in the towel and go inside." But, S & P finally talked her into going inside with them @ about 4:00 in the morning. They are so lucky to have such great experiences to remember. Bless my folks for sacrificing their own comforts to create such fun times with the kids.
Here is another example of the fun at S & P's house. My mom bought this way awesome play house for the kids with a phone and mailbox. She leaves mail for the kids in the mailbox frequently. Here is Capt. Pickles getting out her last message (which turned out to be a treasure hunt clue for a present from her)! She is always going above and beyond...way beyond for the g-kids.


5 comments:
What fun for your kids. As I was growing up in Price, I loved to sleep outside. I never threw in the towel and always slept outside the whole night because we had no air-conditioning and the house was too hot. Price nights were always magical. The first night I ever slept out in our backyard, my dad rolled out his sleeping bag, too, to keep me company. What a great memory!
Happy Anniversary to you guys, I hope you had a nice weekend.
How totally adorable is that? I wish I could think of stuff like that myself. Good thing other people have good ideas that I can steal.
Your folks are brave people, I don't know if I would ever even try to do a campout in our backyard. I should though, everyone else is doing it, I should too. My poor deprived kids.
I looooove the pic of capt pickles by the mailbox, could she be any more beautiful? Steve is going to need a shotgun under the bed as these girls get older, they are ridiculous! Big blue eyes, and beautiful hair, too much like their pretty mommy!
I miss you and love love love you!
Jen,, I love love love this picture of the kids.. thanks for posting it. I have been so blessed to belong to your family. The memories that are made with nana and papa are priceless. I know they will remember how wonderful their grandparents are for the rest of their lives.
And hey no kidding on little sis, she is not 2 she is 15. And can we say gorgeous!! I think that nik as it right on, Steve will have to keep a close eye on both girls.
I love that your mom leaves mail in the mailbox!
cute posts!! of course you already knew that.
well, don't have much else to say other than we will see you soon maybe, er, at least by christmas, hmm, crazy life!
love ya much!
Post a Comment