Friday, November 7, 2008

Hello, hello...is there anybody out there...

Wow! So sorry that I/we have been away. I finally came down to the library to use the computer because our hard-drive is "about ready to blow up" - said our tech- wiz cuz'n, Greg. We cannot even bring up the blogs or send out e-mails. :( sad face We have got to get a new computer! X-mas is 'practically here' and I have to get started on my computerized scrapbook calendars! Ouch! I might have to go back to paper scrapbooking this year. But, don't worry...we know that I never throw anything away, so I am still set with tons and tons of supplies.

Things going on around our place. Jen is very STRESSED still because my babysitter was forced to quit (again) thanks to her father-in-law, who insists on upholding the slavery towards women from his Pakistan roots, despite the fact that he LIVES IN AMERICA and became an American citizen. America, which now happens to have a very non-slave, new president! (hooray)! I am trying to do both choirs which have a demanding practice and performance schedule. I'm not sure how long it will work @ $100.00/wk in babysitting costs. There is just so much charity that I can afford a babysitter for.

Steve actually had a day off today, which has become quite a rarity, since the 'season' began! He spent his morning donating platelets in honor of his dad...Go Steve!

We are THRILLED to finally know what has been causing Karli's dramatic mood changes...she is highly sensitive to food dye!!! (red dye # 40, etc. etc.) It is crazy that it is in practically everything, including toothpaste and tylenol. She also had a deficiency in magnesium. If you know a child who is affected by hyperactivity and attention issues, try keeping him/her away from dyes for a few days - TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHILD! She is cooperative, even-tempered, a great listener and friend, she can sit still, hold my hand, and respect the space of other people and Tobie! Wow! We are so happy! I have added a new item on my list of things to educate about and advocate for.

Sage is loving preschool (though she suffers a bit from the separation anxiety when I leave) and surprising us each day with her amazingly creative, layered clothing fashions. I will send pictures when I am able to.

I am excited to be back with you! I am off to check all of your blogs now. I will try to be better at commenting. Luva yous, Jen

3 comments:

Camille said...

Yeah!! Good to see ya back!

TeamGornold said...

my goodness, i am glad you guys have not been zapped from the planet from bandit aliens, i am glad you did not take a permanent vacation to the bahamas, and i am certainly glad that you decided to join us back here on planet earth, america.
missed ya!
shirt

Nickie said...

I'm glad things are going well for you guys, I miss you!
Can't wait to see pictures of Sage's birthday party!
Give your girls big hugs from me and-I guess, give Steve a hug too.
Love you!