Thursday, July 16, 2009

salty sunset

After the Nash family reunion, we passed by the Great Salt Lake and decided to stop to play and catch a view of the sunset. There were so many clouds in the sky that we thought it should be a good one. This was one of the things we had wanted to do with the girls this summer.




When we started, you can see that the light was bright toward the west. We took a first picture of the horizon. Surprisingly enough, it didn't even stink too bad!



I sent Steve and the girls up ahead to capture this cool shot of them silhoueted against the darkening skies.


The girls( and Steve ) had a blast splashing around in the shin-deep water.

It was so funny! We had not pre-planned any of this so the girls were just splashing around in their regular clothes. Both the girls had to pee at the same time. What do you do? The problem with the GS lake is you can't just wade out there and act like nothin' is goin on while you do your business because you can never get to waist-deep water from the beach. So we told the girls to just go out there a ways and go. Well, details, details, details, Karli goes out there in water to her knees and pulls down her pants and undies in full view! We yelled out at her to pull up her pants and the water carried our voices to all of the other on-lookers on the beach! We laughed so hard!



What a gorgeous sunset! We think we will put some of these pics up in the new ocean bathroom that Steve surprised me with. What a fitting place to put the pictures of our memories of the girls trying to pee in the Great Salt Lake!






5 comments:

Nickie said...

I completely love that last picture of the girls holding hands!
Oh my gosh, that is beautiful!
What a perfect night to stop and take some pics!
Tell Karli, sometimes I do that at the mall, hey, when you gotta go you gotta go!
Loves!

Mykell said...

that is too funny!! I love living close enough to get those beautiful sunsets. Great pics of the kiddos, they are so cute.

Camille said...

WOW!! That last picture is absolutely breathtaking! Love it!

Bonnie said...

I just noticed that I never commented on this post. I love the photos and I am glad that you had such a nice time wading in the Great Salt Lake as well as at the Nash reunion. ZAMIN!

Mykell said...

Hey, I'm glad you are keeping up with us. We got their letters on Saturday the kids were so excited. We will be sending on back shortly. I'm so glad that they clicked, Haylee is excited to have a new friend and someone to send letters to.