Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scratch one off the bucket list

The Sandy Hot Air Balloon Festival on Aug 9th
u
p..

u
p..

&

A
w
a
y





We had a great time seeing all of the hot air balloons on this EARLY (7:00 a.m.) event. I have always wanted to see the balloons in Park City and when I heard they were close by I just had to see them! We got there just in time to see about 8 of them take off. I love the quiet sound they make as they climb. It was gorgeous! We stuck around for some balloon games and crafts and we were surprised when two of the balloons landed right by us in the park! It was great for the kids to see them so close-up. They even got to grab the cords to "help" deflate one of them. So cool! Later that morning we stopped for some breakfast at MCd's not realizing the adventure that we were in for. It turns out that our kids were both sick - and I mean sick. It is amazing what can happen in 5 minutes of your time with kids. Surreal. Karli comes up to me and tells me that she "couldn't make it" to the potty in time. "Turkey Squirts" - as my uncle Dave calls them. While I am in the bathroom with her...Steve is eating peacefully with Sage on his lap, when... I came back out of the bathroom with Karli and Steve says," Uh..we could really use some napkins here." We have become quite the tag team over the years. We had the whole situation cleaned up, packed up and Sage changed within minutes and we were quickly out the door. I don't even think that the people sitting near us were aware of anything. WHEW!

5 comments:

Camille said...

How cool is that?! Those are some crazy balloons to be flying sideways like that.

Bonnie said...

I love going to balloon festivals. I wish I could have found the time to go to this one. I am glad that you all enjoyed seeing it so much. I am sorry that the girls got sick afterwards. It is amazing how fast things can happen with kids.

Nickie said...

How fun! I would love to see that too, I wouldn't want to ride in one-never trust a balloon I always say.
I cannot get over how much Sage looks like you miss Jen. You girls are gorgeous! Sorry they got so sick, that totally stinks (no pun intended).
I love the picture of Karli in the space helmet, what a doll! I love that beautiful landscape you caught of the moon and Mars, it can be tricky to catch a good picture like that this time of year.
I miss you guys.
Loves!

Jen Moyer said...

Jenny!
I have been thinking about you so much lately and just knew that you would have a blog! So I searched for it and found you! :) I hope you dont mind me adding you to my blog www.sjjb.blogspot.com, I miss you!
Jen Moyer
( your long lost neighbor )

TeamGornold said...

umm,...sometimes your pictures are sideways