Sunday, May 17, 2009

WHAT an AWESOME WEEKEND!!!

We had a wonderful weekend! We are so grateful (and incredibly lucky) to have Tobie back! Our weekend could have turned out to be one of the worst ever if our "lost dog" story had had a different ending. BUT IT DIDN"T! So, we had a great time celebrating Steve's b-day (on the 19th) with his side of the family.


Angie made another amazing cake with real chocolate pudding for the frosting. It was cool and delicious (pudding is my absolute favorite!!!) It was hilarious because the breeze outside was such that I could not keep the candles lit long enough for Steve to blow them out. But, we think we got the "h.a.p.p.y" candles lit all at once and Steve had no trouble blowing them out to get his wish! Especially since it had already come true with Tobie!



Trish and Bentley drove down from Logan and brought our little puppy "nephews" , Gordan and Arnold, with them AND they brought their fire pit, yes you heard me their FIRE PIT! It was incredibly fun! We had the perfection of a campground under our patio. Trish and I even became silly enough (o.k. we had a little help getting silly) to sing old campfire songs "The Princess PAT" and such classics. I've decided that Trish has just a little bit of pyro in her after her eyes lit up each time she found something new to throw into the fire, like the pizza boxes, plates, napkins, wine box...etc. I think we all got some hair melted off of us...but no where near the amount of Gordon, who kept walking next to and under the fire pit...HELLO?



The other amazing thing was having Steve home for the weekend, the whole weekend! He is so stoked to be out of the retail world and into travel market sales, where his hours are reasonable and he is in charge of his own destiny! It has been wonderful and amazing having him home! We are such a great team and we are able to get such much accomplished together! We planted tons of flowers and the garden and finshed the cement for the sand box...I especially love all the cooking that he likes to do for us. He makes us this scrumptious breakfast called "The mess" we learned about it on diners, drive-ins and dives. Here he is showing off his "hot" mustache. His work had a mustache contest just for kicks. I am glad that it only lasted a week. Guys with mustaches have always kindof scared me. I mean look at him...hide your valuables and lock up your daughters!


Look at Trish's cute haircut!







Sweet kisses for mommy from Avery...we were sad that Dee was not able to join us because he had a migraine:(

We ended the weekend with a celebration meal with my folks. I cooked some cornish game hens (they were actually good) with stuffin and corn and potatus. mmmm mmmm! What a great time! Thanks everyone for staring Steve's b-day off so nicely...he is having a great time.





3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Fun photos that showed just how great the night was. Thanks for inviting me and I love you all.

Nickie said...

I'm sorry I missed all the action! I miss get togethers...
I'm sooooo glad you found tobie, what would your house be like without her? I don't even want to know!
I love all the pictures of the birthday part-ay. I agree with you about the mustache, he looks like he could open a strip joint, and not a classy one might I add.
I love you guys! I need to call you, I think I'll do it now!

TeamGornold said...

that was a super weekend. i had a great time. thanks again for letting us crash at your pad!