Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a Great Daddy!


Steve decided to take off the training wheels to see what would happen this week. He ran his heart out keeping up with her as she road around the circle. She had it alone for a few of seconds at a time. This shot is just before her first crash. She did hurt her knees a bit (and her pants). Steve and I both looked at eachother as she cried and walked away from the bike. Steve said "Do you want to take a break now and we can try again another time? She said "No! (We both feared that she would have a distaste for the whole bike thing now.) "I gotta get back on and practice," she announces. She is so brave. We just love her adventurous spirit. She is so fun to have around. She is always up for a new experience and she is always such a trooper. I can't think of a better dad thing to do for Karli this week!

Look at the smile on Sage's face! She is so addicted to sweets. She was thrilled at Steve's Father's Day gift of a Costco size, hershey bar pack. Look Out Smores...here we come! Hooray! We are loving our fire pit on the patio. Who'd 'a thunk that camping at home could be so relaxing and feel like such a get-away!

We also had a Father's Day water fight today, that was reminiscent of the Father's Day with Randy a few back, where we let him open his mega water gun and we were all locked and loaded, ready to begin the water fight. I got a few of the water tubes that pull back and suck in the water and then you push it out with gusto. They really shoot water good and long and are easy to reload, which was great for the kids! We waited for a quick break in the thunder and downpouring. The sun was actually shining for a moment. I discouraged Steve from taking a shower, quite yet. He was thinking ("Oh great, she has something yucky for me to do in the yard.") We all stood watch behind the car and awaited our prey. We used our "daddy" call to lure him into our sights. When he approached we yelled out "enguard?" and proceeded to attack! In all fairness, I left a squirt tube for him near the door. What I failed to consider is that he was also the only one who was near the water bucket for reloading. Needless to say, we all were completely soaked and our smile muscles were aching, as well as a few of the neighbors, who now have more reasons to keep us on their crazy list.
We shared a nice (and quite windy) dinner on the patio with Bonnie. Guess who cooked dinner? Steve made cheese-stuffed grilled hamburgers (another Diners, Drive-thrus and Dives idea). Hey, I cooked fancy french toast for breakfast O.K.?
Happy Father's Day to a wonderful D.A.D! We love you! Happy day to all of you other dads out there!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I wish I had been there to photograph the water fight. These are memories that you will treasure forever. Thanks for the wonderful dinner and great company afterwards. I love you all.

Nickie said...

Happy happy Father's day!
I'm so glad you had a great day, and a memorable one. I shoulda done something fun like that for Cris, but I didn't, oh well, he got lots of treats anyway.
Love the bike-riding pics, way to go Karli!! Keep it up sister!
Love you guys!!!

Mykell said...

Hi Jenny, this Mykell, we found you. Haylee had so much fun with your girls, she has already drawn Karli a picture to send her. I'm so glad that they met and got along so well, hopefully they will be friends for along time.