Sunday, June 1, 2008

TAG...I'm IT!!

-K- So nobody tagged me, so I'm going to tag myself and yak about me for a minute. Let's see....following Shirt's lead (WHOA, I typed too fast and almost left the 'R' out of Shirt's name) eight things about me.....(pet peeves, likes, dislikes, turn-ons, etc....)

1) Major Pet Peeve: People that don't signal before changing lanes AND, conversely, people who leave their turn signal on for miles after having made a lane change!!! (@#%$^% them!)

2) Minor Pet Peeve: People (NAMELY JEN) who feel the need to play with MY air conditioner, MY radio, MY windshield wipers and push MY buttons while I'm driving!! (Yes, I just got slugged in the arm while typing this).

3) I gotta say I can't stand Raider fans, Laker Fans and Yankee Fans.

4) I'm extremely anal about spelling!! Sorry, but I am!!

5) I love the small group setting as opposed to the whole group gathering. I've grown to love the concept of gathering in small numbers as opposed to large masses. There's something to having an intimate group where you can actually engage in a conversation instead of having a large group where you converse in a series of chit chats and never really say anything. This point has been emphasized lately with the opportunity of staying with Shirt and B-Dawg, having Bonnie over for omelets and hanging with Delaware and the Troops.

6) Go ahead, question my masculinity, but I enjoy working in a store that sells silk flowers, scrapbook supplies and feather boas.

7) I'm a Cub fan, and a continued worshiper of Ryne Sandberg as the baseball God. I love playing Guitar Hero with Delaware and Rock Band with Shirt and B-Dawg. I still root for the Broncos although with much less enthusiasm than I did a decade ago. I've loved working in the yard this spring with Jen and I've become somewhat obsessive about it!! (Never thought that would happen).

8) I've got the best family anyone could assemble!! I married perfectly!! My kids rock!! My siblings are the best EVER!! My step family rocks. And, I love my in-laws!! My dad was ed at my once (OK, way more than once) and he said, "I hope you have a kid just like you!!". I think every parent has used that with their child when they're upset. My comment back to my dad surprised him a bit. I said, "So do I!! Because I think I turned out pretty good!!".

Delaware, Chicken, Shirt, THANKS!! I credit each of you with part of the reason that I turned out the way I did - Maybe that should be 'blame' instead of 'credit'!!

LOVE YOU ALL!! Steve

-K- Now I'll tag Delaware and Bebe!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy am I in trouble...I am a lifetime fan of both the Lakers and the Yankees.

Nickie said...

Arty, it's really not nice of you to hate Joel, he's a good guy.
I have a spelling thing too, what's with that? aye compleatlee hayt eet wenn peepal spel stuf rong.
I'm so excited to see you guys this weekend, thanks again for post-poning your fishing trip for little ol' us.
Get 'im Bebe! I'm sure there are peeves you have about Arty, and enquiring minds want to know
bwa ha ha ha ha (evil laugh).

Camille said...

Just in case you don't know who Jerel is--it's Joel . . . I mean Jewel.

Camille said...

Oh, I forgot to tell ya, I have a GREAT spelling story on my blog--a two parter even. It all started when I asked one of the kids how to spell irresistible. . .


You'll have to click on my blog to know the rest!

TeamGornold said...

Arty,
I would have tagged you, but when I did this you did not have a blog yet, mister smarty arty orange. anyway, I like your 8 issues. they are good ones. i spell okay, but i don't always capitalize where i should. oh well.
we will be seeing you soon,
by the way, what are the plans for this weekend?
love much
shirt
ps, you have been tagged again on my blog, better check it out

zachsmom said...

Hey you... loved the blog,, you have to look at mine, there are some cute pics of all of ya'll!!